Whitstable Town rejoin the SCEFL for the 2022/23 season.
Here are their updates on Club events ahead of the new campaign.
– Whitstable Town are pleased to announce that Richard Styles will be the new first team manager. Richard joins us from Tunbridge Wells and will be accompanied by his assistant Dan Morrin.
– First Team Manager Richard Styles announces his first signing to The Oysters.
“I’m delighted to announce the signing of central midfielder James Huggins to the club. James has a wealth of experience previously playing for Sheppey Utd, Lordswood & most recently Tunbridge Wells where he was club captain during the 20/21 season. A great guy and one that will leave everything on the pitch for the badge.”
– First Team Manager Richard Styles announces his second signing to The Oysters.
“I am really happy to announce the signing of winger Kyron Lightfoot to the club, Kyron may well be known by locals during his time spent with Herne Bay. He has also played for Canterbury City and Tunbridge Wells in the SCEFL. Kyron had a good season last season with a number of spectacular goals and assists.”
– First Team Manager Richard Styles announces his third signing to The Oysters.
“I am happy to announce a welcome back to the club to midfielder Jordan Wells. Jordan previously played for the club in 2012 and he since had spells at Hythe, Folkestone, Lordswood & Tunbridge Wells where he has many games and contributed to all with high levels of consistency.”
– Whitstable Town Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Matt Gething.
Matt has scored goals at every level he’s played at and most recently was the top scorer for Tunbridge Wells last season, scoring 35 goals and a 3rd place finish for the SCEFL golden boot. Matt has been in high demand all summer as he is each year but we are delighted he has decided to join Whitstable Town to play his trade and will no doubt become a fan’s favourite.
– Richard Styles is delighted to announce that the preseason fixtures ahead of the 2022/23 season have been arranged. All fixtures will be away due to the installation of the 3G at The Belmont.
Kings Hill FC
Saturday 9th July | 3 pm KO
Rochester United FC
Tuesday 12th July | 7:45 pm KO
Larkfield & New Hythe FC
Saturday 16th July | 3 pm KO
Staplehurst Monarchs FC
Tuesday 19th July | 7:45 pm KO
Faversham Strikeforce FC
Saturday 23rd July | 3 pm KO
Tuesday 26th July | 7:45 pm KO
– We are delighted to announce the Retained list of players who have recommitted to WTFC for next season;
Added to this a number of WTFC youth players who featured last season have all been in contact with the new manager and are all in the plans for next season.
Negotiations remain ongoing amongst a number of other players who the club are looking to retain ahead of the new season.
– Richard Styles is delighted to announce the signing and return to WTFC of Danny Keyte. At only 28, Danny has played over 300 games throughout his career. His consistency and versatility have given him lots of experience in the game. Strong in both central midfield and central defence, after WTFC he went to Canterbury City where he was club captain for a number of seasons before spending half of last season at Tunbridge Wells. Danny loves the club and is really happy to be back.
– Richard Styles is pleased to announce the signing of striker Fjord Rogers to WTFC for the upcoming 22/23 season. Fjord is a young striker who spent the majority of last season with Cray Wanderers in the Isthmian Premier division where he got valuable minutes, experience and goals before very short spells at Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells where he scored 9 goals in 10 appearances.
– Richard Styles is pleased to announce the signing of defender Freeman Rogers to WTFC. Freeman again is still relatively young, but is heavily experienced with over 300 games to his name in the SCEFL and Isthmian leagues. A natural leader and someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and will run through walls for his teammates, Freeman spent last season at Sittingbourne and Sevenoaks Town before finishing the last 10 games at Tunbridge Wells and has played for a host of clubs as well as captaining many such as Chatham Town, Lordswood and Faversham Town.
– Whitstable Town FC are delighted to announce the signing of defender Tommy Penfold to WTFC for next season, Tommy was ever-present last season for Kennington and really stood out and impressed the management team with his ability and leadership shown on the pitch consistently. Previously Tommy has had spells with K Sports & Bearsted.
– First Team Manager Richard Styles is delighted to announce the addition of Chris Woolcott to his backroom staff. Chris was previously 1st Team Manager at Canterbury City before joining Sevenoaks as coach last season. Heavily experienced previously working at Sittingbourne & Ramsgate. A football academy coach and a great guy who knows the club and local area and is someone the players will engage with straight away in a way that develops our philosophy at WTFC.
Mark Towse also joins Richards Backroom staff. Mark Towse, is an experienced coach working with both youth and senior players. Mark previously played at Hythe Town, Maldon & Tiptree & Corinthian-Casuals, before retiring and having spells playing and coaching at Folkestone Invicta. His knowledge and passion will be a huge benefit to the club going forwards on and off the pitch.
We are pleased to announce that Kitman Ada Hubbard remains with The Oysters. Ada is a much-valued member of the club and backroom staff, ensuring everything is ready for the players on matchday and at training.
The Club is delighted to welcome Nico Cotton to the club, Nico was with Hythe Town last season and has previously been with Lewes after starting his career as a professional at Southend United. Nico has been with the squad for a few weeks now and has really impressed the staff and management.
We are delighted to welcome Ryan Flack back to the club, Ryan is well known at the club having previously played at Whitstable for a spell last season. Ryan comes with a great pedigree and has had a great career having previously played with Cray Valley in their title-winning season and FA Vase final at Wembley. The management are well aware of what Ryan will bring to the side, having previously attempted to sign him at different times over the last few seasons and can’t wait to start working with him.
We are Delighted that Jake Mackenzie has decided to stay at the club for the season ahead rewriting the wrongs of last season.
“I’ve had many conversations with him since joining and his love for the club is evident as well as being very professional, taking his football seriously. We are well aware of his ability and talents on the pitch and he was a player we wanted to retain from the minute we joined. The staff and myself are very excited to be working with him towards our overall objectives for the season and to have him on board with us is a real positive.”
We are delighted to announce the signing of James Jeffrey to Whitstable Town FC.
James is a well-known player across non-league football in Kent and has played many games, scoring many in such a short space of time. Still only 21, he is a great talent and signing that has everything and the coaches have enjoyed every minute of working with him so far.
His previous clubs are Margate, Chatham Town, Kennington & Sheppey United.
Welcome midfielder Adam Turton.
Adam spent last season at Canterbury City and was a regular member of their team. Adam has impressed the management team and coaches over the course of pre-season and feeds into the philosophy and make-up of the team. Adam previously captained at Canterbury City and previously played for Ramsgate.
To keep up-to-date with all Whitstable Town news please visit their website here