Welling Town updates ahead of the 2022/23 season.
– The club’s new management team for the 2022/23 season ahead will comprise of;
Kevin Oakes, Chairman/Manager
Blaine Horne, Assistant Manager
Joe Ford, Head Coach
Alex Warner, Coach
– Ahead of the new 2022/23 season we’re delighted to announce that we’ve signed an agreement to ground share at The Bauvill Stadium – home of Chatham Town.
We’re extremely grateful to Chatham Town Chairman Kevin Hake and his colleagues for allowing us to use the venue for a few SCEFL Premier division games towards the end of last season, and that we can look forward to enjoying their excellent facilities and hospitality more regularly in the season ahead.
– First up for 2022/23 a warm welcome to ex-Phoenix Sports midfielder Zak Bryon who’s very familiar in green. With his last four seasons at Step 4 we know he’ll slot in comfortably. All agreed and paperwork as soon as the window opens.
– A warm welcome to George Whitelock who joins the club having previously been with Phoenix Sports at Step 4.
– Full of potential and an outstanding young centre back who will only get better and better at this higher level, we welcome Michael Fenn.
– Welcome home Luis Montoya who returns after a season break. One of the most technically gifted players you will see at Step 5.
– Experienced defender John Foster has agreed matters for 2022/23, joining us from fellow SCEFL Premier side Holmesdale.
– He’ll be back in 2022/23, welcome Rob Brown… guarantees goals on 3g pitches!
– WELCOME BACK JACK! – A record 105 appearances for the club and now Jack Moore is back home.
Looking forward to many more good times ahead!
– WELCOME BACK!
Confirmed for 2022/23, welcome home Sam Bailey
– Another one verbally agreed ahead of the start of pre-season this weekend.
A young midfielder with unreal potential.
Welcome to ex-Phoenix Sports midfielder Ollie Andrews.
– Welcome back Ryan “Lenny” Styles who will rejoin us for 2022/23 having previously been with Rusthall and for a long period of time their captain.
A very good ball playing defensive player.
– Massive to secure this one. Outrageous pace and talent. Out of Saturday football for some time, but he’s back.
Welcome, Femi Orenuga!
Pre-season starts Saturday, let’s go!
– Got some solid experienced additions in already, now, an exciting young talent with huge potential.
A former Dartford academy player and with Lordswood for the latter part of 2021/22, welcome, Mo Alaka
– Who needs Chesney Hawkes, we’ve real one and Oni!
72 appearances and rising as he commits for 2022/23.
Welcome back Dami Oni
– Vast experience at a higher level, welcome, Conrad Lee
– SIGNING – What an exciting future in football this lad has.
A few appearances for title winners Sheppey United last season despite at the time being just 16, but he’ll be in green for SCEFL football in 2022/23.
Welcome, Frankie Dolby.
Welcome to Josh Biddlecombe.
The ex Crowborough, Tunbridge Wells, Fisher and Rusthall man has decades experience of scoring in the SCEFL and in 2022/23 will be doing so for us
Another young, hungry ambitious footballer joins the ranks.
Welcome Liam Spellward
Welcome to former VCD and Chatham centre half Jack Barnes who after some time out with ill health is raring to go!
Our pre-season schedule is now complete…
We’ll start pre-season with a friendly on Saturday 2nd July against a side we haven’t faced before in Little Common of the Southern Combination at a neutral venue to be confirmed. Following that we’ll host Lewes on Monday 4th July at our new home, Chatham Town’s Bauvill Stadium, and then take on long-term friends at Forest Hill Park on Saturday 9th. A Dulwich Hamlet XI will travel to our new venue at Chatham on the evening of Monday 11th July, before successive away trips with our traditional annual friendly v Greenways on Saturday 16th and then we “travel” to our “away” friendly with Chatham Town on Tuesday 19th. Next up, Kings Hill of the Kent County Premier Divison on Saturday 23rd before the annual pre-season finale of the “Joe Ford Cup” against our old groundshare rivals Sporting Club Thamesmead on Tuesday 26th July, raising money in support of the Ford family – the late Martin Ford and his son former Sporting Club Thamesmead manager, and now Welling Town Head Coach, Joe Ford – a worthy cause.