Our AGM was held at Lordswood FC on 18th June 2022
– The allocations set by the FA have now been confirmed and have been accepted by the League.
– We now officially welcome AFC Whyteleafe, Bermondsey Town, Phoenix Sports and Whitstable Town into the Southern Counties East Football League.
– We wish farewell and the best of luck to Sheppey United, Chatham Town, Crowborough Athletic, Tower Hamlets, Chessington & Hook Utd and Westside FC in their new respective Leagues.
– A Change will now be made to ‘Southern Counties East Football League Limited’ bringing in the 4 new clubs and removing the 6 outgoing clubs.
– Our Premier Division will contain 20 teams.
Premier Division Constitution
Bearsted, Canterbury City, Deal Town, Erith & Belvedere, Erith Town, Fisher, Glebe, Hollands & Blair, Holmesdale, K Sports, Kennington, Lordswood, Phoenix Sports, Punjab United, Rusthall, Stansfeld, Sutton Athletic, Tunbridge Wells, Welling Town, Whitstable Town
– Our First Division will contain 18 teams.
First Division Constitution
AFC Whyteleafe, Bermondsey Town, Bridon Ropes, Croydon, FC Elmstead, Faversham Strike Force, Forest Hill Park, Greenways, Kent Football United, Larkfield & New Hythe, Lewisham Borough (Community) , Lydd Town, Meridian VP , Rochester United, Snodland Town, Sporting Club Thamesmead, Staplehurst Monarchs, Tooting Bec
– The 2022/23 Season will see the introduction of the SCEFL Development League which will be a midweek competition.
Development League Constitution
– The Board of Directors was confirmed
Chair – Denise Richmond
Secretary – Andy Short
Vice Chair – John Moules
Fixtures – Matthew Panting
Referees Officer – Ian Bentley
Finance – Lee Dyson
Development League – Matt Smith
Club Rep – Rob Marriott – Deal Town
Club Rep – Steve Lewis – Lordswood
Club Rep – Lance Roberts – Lewisham Borough
Club Rep – Richard Leach – SC Thamesmead
– There were no changes made to our President & Vice Presidents
President – Ray Brown
Vice President – Tony Day
Vice President – Derek Peck
Vice President – Peter Hunter
– The League Officers were confirmed
Discipline Officer – Alf Levy
Registrations – Doug Francis
Website – Dean Sawyer
Assistant Referees – Don Macleod
Development League Referees Officer – Ricky Adams
Referee Observers – Alan Escudier
Safeguarding – Ian Birrell
Steven Down has moved on from his role as Assistant Referees Officer. We thank him for his hard work and dedication in his time with us.
– The 2022/23 Season Standardised Rules were accepted and can be found here
– The 2022/23 Development League Rules were accepted and can be found here
– The 2022/23 Season Challenge Cup rules were accepted and can be found here. Please note that following proposals carried there will no longer be extra time in this competition and ‘Away Goals’ will now not count in the two-legged semi-finals.
Part of the changes in Standardised Rules for the new season means clubs at Steps 5 and 6 can use five substitutes from five named during league matches. These can be used at five different ‘windows’ in a game per club.
– The Referees Fees for 2022/23 were accepted
– ‘A4G’ were elected as our Reporting Accountant
– Clubs were reminded of the importance of good, professional hospitality following some bad examples last season.
– After training across all member clubs and the board of directors was completed last season, the board are continuing to work on an expanded Diversity Proposal which will help with Inclusivity throughout the League.
– Club code of conduct accepted in principle.
– The SCEFL Groundhop is scheduled to take place across 7th, 8th and 9th October. This is a long term commitment with all teams getting the chance to host a match across a number of seasons. The Fixtures Secretary will be in contact with clubs shortly to discuss availability.
– The Premier Division Golden Boot trophy was handed to Chatham Town on behalf of Dan Bradshaw.
– The First Division Golden Boot trophy was handed to Sutton Athletic on behalf of Arlie Desanges.
– Sheppey United and Stansfeld were each given league awards to recognise them as Champions of their respective Divisions.
The date of the next AGM will be on Saturday 17th June 2023