FA Vase – First Qualifying Round

FA Vase First Qualifying Round

Saturday 31st August

Banstead Athletic 2-2 Greenwich Borough R

Little Common 1-2 K Sports

Egham Town 3-2 FC Elmstead

Lydd Town 5-5 Raynes Park Vale R

Kent Football United 0-1 Snodland Town

Saltdean United 0-2 Lordswood

Epsom & Ewell 1-4 Kennington

Molesey 4-3 Greenways

SC Thamesmead 3-2 Sutton Athletic

Erith & Belvedere 3-0 Fire United

Rochester United 0-3 Mile Oak

Shoreham 0-3 Crowborough Athletic

Holmesdale 2-1 Sheerwater

CB Hounslow United 2-3 Beckenham Town

Bridon Ropes 2-2 Pagham

(Bridon win 4-3 on pens)

Sheppey United 2-0 AFC Croydon Athletic

Forest Hill Park 1-2 Westside

Guildford City 0-3 Glebe

Balham 1-2 Rusthall

Erith Town 2-2 Welling Town R

Punjab United 5-0 Selsey

Sidlesham 1-1 Stansfeld R

Sunday 1st September 

Littlehampton Town 0-4 Tunbridge Wells

Meridian VP 0-2 Hassocks


The FA Vase First Qualifying Round gave us 24 games featuring 28 SCEFL sides with 4 matches being between teams in our own Divisions. Two took place on Sunday.

From the Saturday matches we had 14 sides confirmed through with another 4 going to replays. Not bad from the 22 games that took place!

From the four all-SCEFL ties only Erith Town v Welling Town goes to a replay with the sides drawing 2-2 after extra-time. SC Thamesmead would have surprised many with their win at home to in-form Sutton Athletic but after taking a 3-0 lead they certainly deserved to hold on and book a tie with Billingshurst in the next round. The new look strikeforce of Laurent Hamici and Dan Bradshaw worked out immediately for Sheppey United as both scored in their 2-0 win over AFC Croydon. Ellis Hutton scored an extra-time winner as Snodland Town saw off Kent Football United at the Glentworth Club. The only goal of the game booked another all-SCEFL tie in the next phase.

It will be Bridon Ropes visiting Snodland Town after the South Londoners won on penalties against Pagham to book their place in the Second Qualifying Round. Erith & Belvedere also won through as they extinguished Fire United 3-0 at Park View Road with Kameiko Pope-Campbell grabbing a brace for the Deres. Kieran Scantlebury also scored a double which was added to by Luke Leppard as Crowborough Athletic cruised past Shoreham 3-0. Holmesdale fell behind early but battled to the end and were rewarded with a late winner by the lively Germaine Jeannoel. They will next host Egham Town who knocked out our own FC Elmstead by a single goal in five despite falling behind.

Beckenham Town timed their goals perfectly to sneak past CB Hounslow and set up a game with Fanham Town next time. Ryan Hall scored early and then after Becks fell behind he scored again in the 5th minute of injury time to send us into the extra 30 minutes. From there Ashley Carew popped up in the final stages to secure the win and keep Beckenham on the way to Wembley. Glebe were impressive in beating Guildford City 3-0 with Anthony Dwyer, Billy Craske and Jack Harris all netting as they set up an all-SCEFL tie in the next round. K Sports will host them after putting in a great second half performance to come from 1-0 down to win 2-1 at Little Common. Regan Corke got both goals as the Paperboys never gave up and got the result they deserved.

Punjab United put in their best performance of the season so far as they beat Selsey 5-0 to book a home tie with Loxwood in two weeks time. Will Johnson-Cole claimed a double as Punjab ran riot in Gravesend. Rusthall will next host Godalming after today leaving Balham as 2-1 winners. Charlie Clover scored an 84th minute winner after the hosts had equalised Tommy Lawrence’s opener. Lordswood turned on the style in the second half to come away from Saltdean United with a 2-0 win. Jai McKinley and Tyler Anderson-Parr were on target as the Lords set up a home tie with Sheppey United next time.

Kennington claimed possibly the results of the day, coming home from Epsom & Ewell with a stunning 4-1 win. In-form Gary Clarke scored twice with Gary Lockyer and Craig Calvert also scoring as our SCEFL side surprised their hosts with a top quality performance.

Going to replays are Greenwich Borough, who drew 2-2 at Banstead, Stansfeld, who came away from Sidlesham with a 1-1 draw and Lydd Town who were involved in a classic 5-5 game at the Lindsey Field. Bradley Baker hit a hat-trick for the Lydders as they gave the 35 in attendance great value for money from their game with Raynes Park Vale.

It didn’t quite work out for Greenways as they battled away with ten men before eventually losing 4-3 at Molesey in extra-time. Forest Hill Park also went out in similar fashion as Westside got past them in the added 30 minutes. Rochester United are out of the competition after losing 3-0 at home to Mile Oak.

On Sunday Tunbridge Wells outclassed Littlehampton Town 4-0 while Hassocks beat Meridian VP 2-0

Second Round Qualifying Draw – 14th September

SCEFL sides only

119 Sidlesham or Stansfeld v Kennington
121 Midhurst & Easebourne  v Crowborough Athletic
124 Hollands & Blair v Deal Town
126 Molesey v Banstead Athletic or Greenwich Borough
127 Erith & Belvedere v Oakwood
128 SC Thamesmead v Billingshurst
129 Knaphill v Tunbridge Wells
130 Lydd Town or Raynes Park Vale v Walton & Hersham
131 Beckenham Town v Farnham Town 
134 Arundel v Erith Town or Welling Town
135 Croydon v Colliers Wood United
136 Punjab United v Loxwood
138 Lordswood v Sheppey United
140 Snodland Town v Bridon Ropes
141 Rusthall v Godalming Town 
142 K Sports v Glebe
143 Holmesdale v Egham Town