No players in the squad
Greenwich Borough - History Formed between the two Wars, in 1928, the current incarnation of Greenwich Borough began life as the rather wordier Woolwich Borough Council Athletic Club and enjoyed instant success by winning the Woolwich and District League title in their first season of existence. However, after an unspectacular stint in the Kent County Amateur League in which they suffered more relegations than successes, the club dropped into the South London Alliance and enjoyed a huge upturn in fortunes, winning eight league titles in eleven years. A change in the London Borough boundaries was reflected in the club’s renaming as London Borough of Greenwich Football Club in 1965 and, in 1977, a change of leagues as they moved up to the London Spartan League where they remained until 1984. It was in 1980 that the club’s identity underwent its final switch and by the end of the decade Greenwich Borough had established themselves as one of the county’s premier sides, having by now transferred back to the Kent League. But despite winning back-to-back league titles, they were prevented from being promoted to the Southern League when the council refused permission for the necessary ground improvements to take place. With just a couple of exceptions, Borough were annual top-half finishers from the late 1990s through to the latter part of the noughties, until their championship success of 2016 earned them promotion to the Isthmian League. After a few troubled years on and off the field Borough now return to the SCEFL Premier Division with a new Manager, a new home ground, but still the same hunger for success.