Tuesday 6th August Results

Premier Division Fixtures – Tuesday 6th August

AFC Croydon Ath A-A Beckenham Town

Canterbury City 2-2 Sheppey United

Chatham Town 4-1 Deal Town

Corinthian 2-2 Hollands & Blair

Fisher 3-1 Welling Town

Chatham Town raced to the top of the table with their second win in four days, this one ending more comfortably than the first. The Chats hit the net twice in injury time of the first half, Matt Bodkin with the first and Jack Evans scoring a penalty immediately after. Harry Harding made it 3-0 on the hour mark before Connor Coyne pulled one back late on for Deal Town. In the final stages Evans got his second and with it confirmed Chatham’s place at the top of the tree.
Sheppey United twice led but couldn’t hold on as Canterbury City refused to give up at Salters Lane. After an own goal put them behind Canterbury soon equalised through Dean Grant. Greg Benbow gave Sheppey the lead just before the break but Joe Denny’s 68th minute equaliser saw the points shared.
It was also 2-2 over in Longfield with Hollands & Blair earning their second draw of this short season so far thanks to a late leveller. Luke Tanner scored one penalty for Corinthian on Saturday but bettered that with two here yet it was not enough to deny Blair, who will be pleased with their unbeaten start to the campaign.
Fisher take second place thanks to a 3-1 home win over Welling Town. Rob Brown was the star of the show with an excellent first goal in the 37th minute and then doubled the hosts lead from the spot just before the break. A good second half spell saw the Boots deservedly pull one back through Elyon Marshal-Katung yet Fisher were able to seal the game with ten to play thanks to a fine Jamie Yila finish.
The match between AFC Croydon and Beckenham Town was abandoned in the second half due to a serious injury to one of the home players. All at the League wish him a quick recovery. The scoreline was 1-1 at the time and will be replayed on a soon-to-be-announced date.