FA Cup First Qualifying Round

FA Cup Preview

FA Cup First Qualifying Round

Tuesday 22nd September

Hartley Wintney 5-0 Erith & Belvedere
Chipstead 1-1 Deal Town (Chipstead win on pens)
Haringey Borough 5-1 Tunbridge Wells
Steyning Town 0-5 Sheppey Utd
Chatham Town 3-2 Southall
Corinthian 3-1 Sevenoaks Town

Wednesday 23rd September

Cray Wanderers 3-1 Fisher


It was 3 wins and 3 losses for our lot on Tuesday night with the victorious trio now taking their place in Friday’s second qualifying round draw.

Sheppey United were the most convincing winners, beating Steyning Town 5-0. Harrison Carnegie, Danny Leonard and Billy Bennett all scored in the first half with Jack Midson adding the 4th after the break before Bennett claimied his second to put the icing on the cake and put Sheppey through.

Corinthian came from behind to beat former SCEFL champs Sevenoaks town 3-1 at the farm. James Bessey Saldanha gave the Oaks a half time lead before Louie Clarke, Emmanuel Oloyede and Luke Tanner all scored in the second half.

Chatham Town complete the trio through after they beat Southall 3-2 at the Bauvill Stadium. Jack Evans and Dan Bradshaw scored a quickfire double early on before Bradshaw went on to make it 3 on the half hour mark. The visitors made a comeback in the second half, scoring twice but the 10-man Chats held on to ensure that their name will be in Friday’s hat.

Deal Town conceded a late leveller before going on to lose on penalties at Isthmian League side Chipstead. Kane Smith had given the Hoops a 75th minute lead before the Chips equalised in the final stages of the game. It wasn’t to be for Deal from the spot this time as the hosts held their nerve best to go on to book their place in the next round.

Tunbridge Wells and Erith & Belvedere both found Step 3 opposition away from home too much with Wells losing 5-1 at Haringey Borough and the Deres suffering a 5-0 defeat at Hartley Wintney.

On Wednesday night Fisher took on Cray Wanderers at Hayes Lane and narrlowly came off second best against the Stpe 3 side.

After Jason Banton had given the hosts the lead Malaki Coker equalised for the Fish before Freddie Parker gave Cray the lead just before the break.

In a tight second half Banton grabbed his second for Cray Wanderers to steer them towards a 3-1 victory while the 108 Fisher fans in attendance enjoyed their night out despite the defeat.


First Round Qualifying winners (116) £2,250
First Round Qualifying losers (116) £750