Punjab United will be supporting ‘Dig Deep for Denny at their home league game against Lordswood on Saturday.
Gate Reciepts will be handed to this very worthwhile charity as this poor child seeks further treatment.
Saturday 30th November – Punjab United v Lordswood – 3pm K.O – SCEFL Premier Division
Denny is a 6 year old boy who has Leukeamia. Sadly, Denny’s recent stem cell transplant hasn’t cured him, meaning that he urgently needs further treatment that the NHS cannot fund. We’re pleading to you for help in raising £500,000 for enrolment onto Car-T therapy. We do not have a lot of time. If Denny does not receive this treatment by December, then our unthinkable will soon become his reality. Every donation counts, no matter how small. Denny was diagnosed with ALL leukaemia on the 16th January, 2016. After heavy Chemotherapy he went into remission only to relapse again 2 years later. This same week, his little sister Marley was also diagnosed with ALL leukemia. Together, they both went through heavy chemo to get them into remission. We were then given the devastating news that Denny’s cancer was so aggressive that he would now need a bone marrow transplant. We knew the risks and that he would only have a 40% chance of surviving. The odds were against him. We nearly lost him several times but in true Denny style, he pulled through. Gradually, day by day, he slowly regained his strength, and finally he then got to ring the bell! It was a symbolic day; he was now cancer free! Finally, a date was found to remove the tubes from his body. He was so excited. He would finally be able to swim in a swimming pool with all his cousins and siblings. We went to Butlins and I’ve never seen a child so happy, it was a dream come true. During September this year, he started back at school back with his friends and began a normal life. He was finally a normal child. Then it happened… we noticed changes in his blood results. Drops in his platelets. For weeks we sat up each night researching every possible illness that could have caused this. The truth was so impossible to bear, we were praying he was in liver failure as it’s the closest we could find to his symptoms. We then got the news his ALL was back. We prayed there was an answer; we spoke to the hospital, it seemed there was a solution… they talked about a second bone marrow transplant and intense chemo, they mentioned trials… we clung to hope. The consultants words to me were, “we are just waiting for a few more results to see how aggressive the cancer is to know what strength chemo he needs, then we will start the treatment on Monday” Monday came with the heart wrenching news that the leukaemia was too strong to survive the chemo they had planned. They would need to go in stronger and he would most likely not survive it. They discussed keeping him on a lower dose to stop his leukemia getting worse for now, to slow his deteriation. So we are left with the most difficult decision any parent should ever have to make; do we put him through an intensive treatment that we have been told will kill him?? Or, do we go on a milder chemo that will prolong his life a bit longer but not cure him?? Neither are life saving options for Denny. We have been told by specialists that there are NO curative treatment options left for Denny available on the NHS. At present, children with B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia in Denny’s position are able to undergo CAR-T therapy here in the UK. However, there is no such therapy available for children with Denny’s cancer. Denny’s care team are recommending him to receive this treatment, which is being offered in hospitals in America, Australia and Germany. The consultants have provided us with the costs and treatment will cost in excess of £500,000. That’s before we’ve even covered flights and accommodation. This is a lot to raise I know, but what choice do we have? We have to try. I know I cant look into that little boys eyes without knowing I have done everything possible in my power for him. He wants to grow; dying isn’t on his radar…. he talks about what kind of father he will be, what job he wants to have, he talks about his future… He’s not ready to give up. I option. After that, he will be referred for palliative by care. Someone out there can help us. I am begging you all to share and reshare this post and help us to help Denny. His little life has been nothing but hospitals, sickness and pain, please let’s give him one last chance, one last fight!