Club Programme covers

Programme Covers and Club Histories.

Club Programme Covers

Premier Division

#

The club were first registered with the Kent County Football Association on June 17th 1899 when the club joined the newly formed Tunbridge Wells League. The “Rustics” first success came in 1905 when the league was won in convincing style. The 1920’s saw the club up among the best locally with the Kent Junior Cup Group “A” being won in 1924. The club were champions of the Tunbridge Wells League in 1923, 1924, 1925, 1926 and again in 1930. The success continued through the 1930’s with more league titles and another Kent Junior Cup in 1935.

The Rustics were unable to continue these successes after the War and these were lean times for the club and in the 1970’s the club were close to folding but just managed to keep going largely thanks to the hard work of the then secretary Peter Smith with just one side in the Tonbridge League.

The 1980’s saw in influx of new young players and in 1982 the club won Division One of the Tonbridge League, at this point Derek Seal took on the roll of Chairman. One of his first tasks was to get the club into the Kent Amateur (now Kent County) League and the club lifted the Division Two Title at the first attempt in 1983-84. The success followed in the 1984-85 season when the Division One Title was secured on the last day of the season with a 1-0 win at Paddock Wood. After several embarrassing incidents at the Council owned Southwood Road recreation ground the club obtained the use of a field at Jockey Farm in the village. After a lot of hard work by the committee the ground met the League’s ground grading criteria for Intermediate football. By now the club were running three senior sides.

An amalgamation with Rusthall Boys FC was a big step in making the club what it is today, the Rustics currently run three men’s teams and close to 20 youth teams from Under 6 through to Under 18.

Work at Jockey Farm continues at pace as the club strive to improve facilities and a Directors lounge is now up and running and has been named the Derek Seal Suite in memory of our late Chairman who had the idea to build a ground at Jockey Farm. As soon as the 2016 - 17 season finished contractors moved in and levelled the pitch and installed new drainage and the whole area was re-seeded. A new 125 seater stand is now installed and has been named in memory of former President Bob Woodhams , a new fence and path installed on the far side of the ground along with new dugouts. And both dressing rooms have been refurbished. The ground will now be called The Jockey Farm Stadium.

All this has been achieved by a small group of dedicated volunteers as the club strive to achieve their motto……

“TO BE THE BEST FOOTBALL CLUB POSSIBLE”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Division

#

Erith & Belvedere

The club was established in 1922 as part of a restructure of Belvedere & District, which had been formed in 1918. Belvedere & District had joined Division Two West of the Kent League in 1919, but left the league at the end of the 1920–21 season. The new club joined the Kent League for the 1922–23 season and were placed in Division One. In 1923–24 they reached the final of the FA Amateur Cup, losing 3–0 to Clapton at the Den. However, the season also saw them win the Kent Amateur Cup.

After finishing third in 1928–29, Erith & Belvedere joined the Premier Division of the London League, the club's reserves having played in Division One of the league since 1923. However, both teams left the league at the end of the 1929–30 season, with the first team returning to Division One of the Kent League. In 1937–38 they reached the FA Amateur Cup final again, losing 1–0 to Bromley at the Den. During World War II they played in the South-East Combination, winning the league and League Cup double and the Kent Senior Cup in 1941–42.

After the war Erith & Belvedere won the London Senior Cup in 1945 and were founder members of the Corinthian League for the 1945–46 season. They won the league's Memorial Shield three times in row between 1947–48 and 1949–50 and were league runners-up in 1962–63 but the league disbanded at the end of the season and together with most other teams in the league, they became members of the new Division One of the Athenian League. They were Division One runners-up in 1970–71, missing out on the title on goal average, and were promoted to the Premier Division. They went on to win the League Cup in 1973–74. After finishing second-from-bottom of the (now single division) Athenian League in 1977–78, the club returned to the Kent League.

Erith & Belvedere were Division One champions in 1981–82, earning promotion to the Southern Division of the Southern League. They remained in the division until being moved to the Eastern Division in 1999. After several seasons of struggling, the club dropped back into to the Kent League in 2005. In 2012–13 they were league champions; going into the final match they needed to win and better VCD Athletic's result by a margin of five goals. A 7–1 win secured the title and promotion to Division One North of the Isthmian League. However, the following season saw them finish bottom of the division, resulting in relegation back to the Kent League, now renamed the Southern Counties East League. In 2016–17 they finished bottom of the league's Premier Division and were relegated to Division One.


#

# --- #

# --- - #

# --- # -

# --- #

#--- #

# --- #

# --- #

# --- #

# --- #

# --- #

# --- #

# --- #

# --- #

-# ---#

# --- #

# --- #

# --- #